Monday, July 27, 2009

Where Do I Begin

Well, for starters, today is my birthday. You know I don't really like my birthdays anymore, I feel like they are destined for disappointment. I don't want to seem like a downer because I try really hard to be positive in most situations. I just feel like the expectation that the day should be perfect makes it entirely imperfect. Just like New Years Eve, I don't know if I have ever had a great one. You make all these fancy plans get a new dress and then the night turns out to be a flop. Today was a fine birthday, nothing exciting. Sometimes I just wish birthdays were like they used to be, when I was a kid I literally felt different than I did they day before. Now they are just another day. Next year I want to celebrate like I used to!

So we went to Austin. It took a very long time. We left Wednesday night and drove to Denver, everything went fine, our hotel was actually much nicer than I expected. Thursday morning we get to the airport only to find out out flight has been cancelled. Frontier does not have another flight with available seats for 4 days to Austin. Okay. So they say they can switch us to United but the flight doesn't leave until 8pm, it is currently 8:30am. Breath. They say they can put us on stand by for 2 other United flights. The next flight leaves at 1:30pm. Luckily the bags are on the 1:30 flight, so if I can't make it for the trunk show at least my bags will get there and Jen can have merchandise for the show. We miss the 1:30 flight. We get on the 5:00 flight, after the longest day of my life (being in the airport with a 1 1/2 year old for 8 1/2 hours SUCKS), we get to Austin at 8:00pm, the same time the show ends. Still bummed I missed the show.

What I will say is that we ended up having a spectacular time in Austin thanks to Jen and Derrik. Such a fun, fun weekend. Drank wine, played in the fountains, laughed, kids played and didn't miss a beat with a great friend I haven't seen in 6 years. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment