Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Love My Job

Really, I love what I do. I just feel so lucky to be able to do what I enjoy. One of Tigey's friends asked me a couple of months ago if I could have any job in the world what would it be? Honestly I am doing it! Don't get me wrong starting your own business without a lot of money and doing basically every part of it myself is TOUGH but beyond rewarding. I truly feel like this is what I was meant to do with my career.

So with marketing Bebe Dulce I have met a whole new community of people on different websites that I find inspirational and helpful. I am a member of Martha Stewart's Dreamer into Doers social networking site. Today I cam home from a long day to get an email from Beth (a fellow Dreamer into Doer) and she mentioned this here lovely blog on her blog! What a nice surprise. Beth has a great blog that gives helpful marketing info to small businesses. Thanks Beth. http://www.minibizbuzz.typepad.com/

The next marketing avenue that I am exploring is to send in our products in to "review" blogs and websites. There are many out there. I have a handful that I will begin sending press kits to in hopes of having my products reviewed. First I need to write another press release. I want to change my pitch a little to focus more on the quality of craftmanship you get from handmade products as well as the great customer service that we provide being a small business. When you give someone a unique, handmade gift with great quality and style it has more meaning than buying the same blanket or outfit everyone else buys from Target.

Don't forget I am launching "Give Back" on August 1. I am just working out a few more details and then this great program will take off. I am so excited to help others in this way as well as help my customers give just by shopping Bebe Dulce.

My wish for all of you is that you find a career that you truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment