Thursday, January 6, 2011

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I try to tell myself this constantly. Probably every hour when I am at home with my kids, mainly when Alea has colored on, cut, or otherwise destroyed yet something else. I try to take a deep breath and think "is this really a BIG deal?" Yes I don't like what happened but is it really the worst thing that could happen? My answer is no, natta, nope, it clearly could be worse.

For those of you that don't live in a tiny little resort town that is bombarded by crazy tourists that don't have a clue how to drive in snow and ice, let me just tell you that these tourists can drive you crazy if you let them. They drive like they are in NYC, cutting people off, gunning it from light to light, definitely not stopping for pedestrians. During the "season" everytime I drive into town, I repeat to myself  "is it really a big deal". Yet again my answer is "nope". If it is makes that person feel better to cut me off then so be it. It is clearly not the worst thing that could happen to me that day. Is it going to affect my life in the long run? No. Do I want it to turn my otherwise good day, bad? Definitely not. Maybe they are having a bad day and they need a little wiggle room. Fine.

The reason I am bringing this up is I see so often people get incredibly upset over the small stuff. Although I try and tell myself not to sweat it, sometimes I just do. I constantly try not to because if I do sweat it, well it changes my mood, my outlook and my outcomes. By outcome I mean that when you emit positive energy you receive positive energy. Therefore when you sweat the small stuff you are emitting negative energy and you got it...receiving negative back. Why would you want some dumb tourist or anyone for that matter to cause you to receive negative energy? Of course you don't. So just remember to let it go, blow it off, take a deep breath and don't sweat the small stuff.

Today I am attempting to make homemade rolls for hamburgers for dinner. I will let you know how it turns out. I haven't bought bread for myself since the beginning of November. I love making my own bread. If you missed my bread recipe post check it out. I got it from Weight Watchers! So it must be good for me, right? :)



"The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up."

— Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment