Saturday, January 1, 2011

Don't Forget To Eat Your Luck This New Year

I like to make black eyed peas for New Years. I mean they are suppose to be good luck and I am all for any and all luck I can get. So I made black eyed peas with ham. I can't believe how good it was, black eyed peas aren't my favorite but this year I got it right. Plus it was super easy. So if you haven't had your black eyed peas yet, get started.

I sauteed garlic and onion with a little olive oil. Cut or tore ham into pieces. I probably had about 2 cups of ham. Add that to the pan. Dump in 3 cans of BEP's, do not drain the peas. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

I also made corn bread with jalapenos. Beyond Yummy!

The other recipe I made was for a BEP dip! I found it on one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman. If you don't know about the Pioneer Woman, you must check her out. She rocks. I could go on and on about how much I like her but check out her blog and see for yourself. She is addicting. She has great recipes that never disappoint. Click here for the Black Eyed Pea Dip. So delicious.

Happy New Year. I hope this year brings everyone laughter, love and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment