Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 6 Challenge

Okay, sorry I am late posting...I am not sure what I have been doing the past couple of days...So for Week 6 Challenge I decided to make use of some old t-shirts that are no longer flattering on my lovely Mommy figure, we will just say that the tummy isn't quite as flat as it used to be. I had a whole bag of t-shirts I assume I was keeping just waiting for my stomach to be like it was 4 years ago.  Since the shirts were pretty tight, I decided to make 1 shirt out of 2. The shirts were both where brown, one was long sleeve and one was short sleeve. I took the short sleeve shirt and cut a panel out from the center front of the shirt, it was about 8 inches wide. I then sewed clear elastic to the neckline of that piece. I cut straight down the middle of the long sleeve shirt and sewed my panel into the cut area of the long sleeve. I then cut strips out of the short sleeve shirt about 1 1/2" wide and sewed clear elastic down the center of the strips. Then I pinned and sewed the ruffled strips down my 2 seam lines on the front of my shirt and around the neck. Now it is comfy and doesn't hug my belly!
Not too shabby, huh?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Remember the more love you put out in the world the more you get back! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment