Monday, November 15, 2010

Super Mommy Tip #3

Only do what you can handle, Part 1.  For our Super Mommy Tip this week, I am starting another small series within the Super Mommy Tips titled, "Only do what you can handle".  As "Super Moms" we try to do too much most of the time. The thing is we don't even think twice about going above and beyond. Unfortunately, constantly going above and beyond makes us stressed, overwhelmed and frustrated and we don't accomplish what we set out to accomplish.  Ultimately things go array in one way or another.

Over the summer after having baby #2, I was determined to loose the baby weight ASAP. I forced myself to workout atleast an hour a day. Once August came I lost my momentum and couldn't get it back. I just couldn't find an hour each day to go to the gym and I was becoming more and more frustrated.  About 2 weeks ago, I read an article in a magazine and it was a small workout plan that you can do in your house that is spilt into a 10 minute, 20 minute and 30 minute programs. For some reason after reading this it dawned on me that I didn't have to work out an hour each day because I didn't have an entire hour but I could find 10 minutes, 20 minutes or even 30 minutes to exercise. So I started this small interval training program and also decided that I would take the kids on a walk for cardio as often as I could (even if it was only a day or two a week) it was better than nothing. Each day I would only do what I could handle for that day if it meant only the 10 minute program or a 30 minute walk or any variety of my plan, as long as I did one thing each day. I have lost just a couple more lbs but I can feel the difference in my body, my stomach is slowly shrinking (very slowly but you have to start somewhere, right?) Most of all I am not frustrated about not doing anything anymore. Before I thought just because I couldn't commit an hour, then I just wouldn't do anything when all I had to do is what I could handle. I didn't have to wait for my husband to get home to watch the kids, finish dinner, clean the house and the huge list of things that needed to get done.

So decide what you can handle, start slow at whatever you are trying to accomplish and you will see better results!  Good Luck and smile because you are Super Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment