Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 4 Challenge

Well, before I get to the Challenge project. What do you think about the new look? When I logged on this morning to write my post, I guess I was feeling a little frisky and decided to update the look. I like change. Something fresh and new since the only thing new around here is more snow. We haven't gotten much but the last 3 or 4 nights we have gotten a few inches each night. Anyway, I hope you like the new look!

This weeks project came to mind when we are getting all bundled to go outside. I like scarves and where them pretty much all year except for the few super warm months (which is mainly June, July and August here) even those months, if I get out at night I wrap a scarf on. Well, since my precious daughter wants anything and everything that I have, she MUST wear a scarf as well. After a couple of times of playing outside and her playing with her scarf and it falling into the nasty mud, where the snow has melted, I decided it was time she have her own scarf. I almost just made her a scarf with a button or something but then it dawned on me the new trend of the neck warmer scarf. Of course I headed straight to the thrift store and bought this fabulous sweater.
I made sure to get acrylic so that it would be soft not itchy and since I am slightly anal about things matching or at least going together. I got one that will go with pretty much everything. So all I did was sew a zig-zag seam straight across under the armpits all the way around. Then cut the top part off .  There you have it, a cute little neck warmer that will not drop in the mud!
Does it count if as my project if it took less than 5 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment