Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Chrstmas to Me!

I have been wanting to get new throw pillows for our couch, well since we bought it a mere 3 years ago. We just used the ones that came with the couch. They weren't the worse things but they were exactly the same as the couch, so they just blended in. Last time I was browsing for fabric, I found some I liked so I make the pillows or rather pillow covers. With my crazy busy, messy kids I need to be able to wash the covers. I actually took the old pillows apart because they had piping around the edge and I thought it would make the cover look weird over it. So  I took the pillows apart, removed the piping, re-sewed the pillows, then made the covers. Whattcha think?...3 years in the making..not too shabby!

This is the back where I made the slit to remove the covers. I think it is called a french pillow case.


If you have been thinking about doing the same thing, just sit down and do it already! I thought about it for so long but it only took me 2 hours to make all of them!!


Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment