Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Little Chunk of Heaven

I LOVE caramel. Love it. A couple of years ago when I went home to visit my Mom and family and friends, my Mom made this incredible cake. I don't remember what we were celebrating but I remember this incredibly delicious cake. White cake with caramel icing. I am going to share this chunk of heaven with you, you will wonder why you ever made any other cake.

First secret, I use box cake almost all the time. I make homemade icing ALL the time. To me the most important part is the icing, I mean I love the cake but when you make a killer icing nobody can tell you cake is from a box. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Caramel Icing, I like it best on white cake but I am sure it will be great on anything. It is also pretty damn good straight off the spoon too.

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup light brown sugar
2 cups powdered sugar (you can sift this but not completely necessary)

Melt butter and brown sugar in sauce pan over medium heat, stir constantly until it just starts to boil. Add milk and bring back to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and slowly add powdered sugar. Pour over cake. If it starts to harden before you finish icing, just return to heat for another minute or 2. Lick your fingers, lick the spoon and then cut a chunk of cake. Yes you are in heaven.


When you show love, you receive love.

No comments:

Post a Comment