Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fun Christmas Craft!

Every year when I was growing up we made Christmas ornaments. Simple ones out of flour and water. I remember them so vividly and it was something I loved doing. So this year now I have been wanting to make them with Alea. She is very into the ornaments this year. I finally got around to remembering to ask my Mom for the recipe. She loved making them. While they baked, I let her play with the extra dough and the cookie cutters, you would have thought she was on Top Chef. She did make a big mess but it kept her occupied for a several hours which was super nice.

Mix 2 cups of flour & 3/4 cup of salt. Make a well in the middle and add a cup of warm water. Knead, roll out and make the shapes you want. I then took the end of a pen, took the end off and put holes at the top so I could attach with ribbon to hang.  Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until hard. Once they have cooled, paint, color, decorate. I used simple ribbon and made a circle to hang from the tree! Super fun! Remember to write their name and the year on the back. My Mom said the oldest on she has now is 1981! How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment