Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Slacking & Working Hard at the Same Time

Well, I am sad to say it has been a week since my last blog. I am a slacker, okay not really, I have been working my buns off but a slacker in the blogging department. I have been completely sunk in my new website. I just have to finish it and the company I choose to help design the site, well stinks to say the least. I chose the company based on price and I guess as everyone knows, you get what you pay for. Through all the frustration I just keep telling myself how much money I am saving, although I am not 100% loving the site, it has features that I need to grow Bebe Dulce. Right now that is all I can afford. I just want to love my site and I don't, I liked my old one better but the old site can't give me the features I need. As Bebe Dulce grows I will just gradually adjust and upgrade. Anyone that is paying someone to build an e-commerce site, be full warned it is VERY PRICEY! Hopefully it will pay for itself sooner rather than later!

As I have said before I love my job! I couldn't be happier with my career and the success of my business but I will say one thing, this job is hard. I say hard in a challenging way. There is just so much to running a business much less making the product as well and you can't slack in any department. I am challenged constantly, so much so my brain hurts. I wouldn't trade it for the world but damn this is hard work!

I will honestly say one thing, I think I have learned more in the past year of having my own business than I have learned any other single year in my life. Luckily I have something successful to show for it. Bebe Dulce's official one year anniversary (from the day I launched my website not the first day I started working on Bebe Dulce :) is this Friday. We will celebrate then, so be sure to check back as I know I will be feeling generous!

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment