Monday, August 24, 2009

What a Great Weekend!

We went to Nashville this past weekend. I had a trunk show on Friday night and my Grandmother's 90th birthday on Saturday. The trunk show went well and the new designs were a hit. Recently I have redesigned the tutu, designed an adorable onesie to match the tutu with tulle flowers and added new embroidery hats. I still have a list of new items that I want to design, I just have to find the time to actually make the products!

My Grandmother's birthday was Saturday and she had a huge party. It was very fun and great to see my extended family. We have a big family and we are rarely all together, I think the last time was at my wedding, 3 years ago!! Anyway, this big birthday really got me thinking about many things, the first is when I am 90 what will I remember most about my life and what will I be most proud of. Then I received an email from a woman who is an artist that I am "friends" with on Martha Stewart's website "Dreamers into Doers". A month or two ago I complimented her artwork and suggested that she market herself to interior designers, I have a great friend that is an interior designer and she has mentioned to me how she searches far and wide for beautiful, unique artwork for her clients. Anyway, the artist emailed me and thanked me for motivating her to get brochures made up and get a website up and running. It was such a nice email and is still making me grin from ear to ear just thinking about it.

That is one of a few things that I want to remember about my life when I am 90, that I helped people in some way, whether it is motivating them to achieve their dreams, helping people through Shop 2 Share or even just lending a hand when someone needs it.


"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" — Mae West

No comments:

Post a Comment