Sunday, August 9, 2009

Some Things Just Don't Happen as You Expect....

Since this winter I have wanted to take Alea to the zoo. She LOVES animals, loves dogs, cats, monkeys, ducks, cows, etc... I just couldn't wait to get her to the zoo to see all the amazing animals there. Well, things didn't quite work out as I planned. We get to the zoo and she immediately gets in the stroller (SCORE!) she hasn't ridden in the stroller since the spring, I think this will be the perfect day. We get in the zoo and immediately see kangaroos and ostrich's, I take her out of the stroller for a better view (BIG, BIG mistake). Now all she wants to do is stand next to the stroller and play with the straps on the stroller. So now we can't walk or even move for that matter. To distract from the stroller straps, I give her a bottle of water and a straw, we can walk again but someone has to hold her so we can actually walk and she can still play with the water bottle. Quite frankly she could have cared less about the zoo, the only thing she cared about the entire day was the water bottle and straw which did not leave her hands and spilled all over everyone that came near. She did not get back in the stroller except when I bribed her with ice cream but that only lasted until the ice cream was gone!

Despite the dis-interest of my child, the zoo was still fun and I definitely learned "things just don't happen as I always expect!"

What I do know is the Dallas market starts Tuesday and our sales rep will be there. I am trying not to expect anything for fear of not living up to my expectations. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed that it exceeds my expectations! Stay positive and have confidence in my products but even if it doesn't end up as successful as I hope, it's life, and I will learn from the experience, just as I learned today at the zoo. Don't get down if things don't happen as you expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment