Friday, March 4, 2011

What have you been up to lately??

The day my Mom got here both of my kids got a cold. They seemed to get better by the time she left but the day after I noticed Emme was wheezing, so the next day I scheduled a Dr's appt. In the meantime Alea started crying that her ear hurt. Took them to the Doc, Emme has RSV, 2 ear infections and they think she is Lactose intolerant, Alea has an ear infection. So I have quarantined them for the past couple of days. It kills me to stay at home all day, it just makes the day forever long and I go stir crazy. Plus it has been snowing so we couldn't really go on a walk either. So what else is a Momma suppose to do???? Cook, Bake & Eat...

So me and my little helper got down to business and this is what we have made the last 2 days.



Homemade Salsa, Here is a similar recipe from The Pioneer Woman. We had this with corn tortillas & rotisserie chicken. Tigey cam home for lunch yesterday and I had a whole mexican lunch. He was surprised to say the least. I don't "cook" lunch.

Banana Bread, I will post the recipe later, it is from this cook book. If you don't have this cookbook, I highly recommend it. Great Stuff!

Homemade Pizza, I made my first pizza crust from scratch when my Mom was in town. I had leftover ingredients and decided to make another. I got Fleishman's yeast packets and just followed the recipe for the crust on the back. When my Mom was here I made one with turkey italian sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese and another with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. Last night I just did shredded mozzarella because that is what I had left. For the sauce I just used a can of crushed tomatoes and added italian seasoning. Yummmm!

Today I made Peanut Butter Bread. You can find the recipe here.

Chocolate covered strawberries & Chocolate covered peanuts. I meant to make the strawberries for Valentine's Day but that never happened. I had bought chocolate covering and decided to use it. Typically when I make chocolate covered anything I just use chocolate chips but they were/are both super yummy. I just happened to have a thing of strawberries and about half a tin of peanuts.

Beans & Rice with Chicken, I cooked black beans and added rotel, then just cooked brown rice. I added feta cheese to mine and Tigey had cheddar cheese and sour cream. I think his version was better but I opted for a lower calorie version.

Plus Homemade Mac & Cheese, For this I just added freshly shredded cheddar cheese, half a block of cream cheese, about 1/4 of a cup of milk and spoonful of butter. I heated everything on the stove until melted. Transferred it to a baking dish, topped it with a little more cheddar cheese and plain panko bread crumbs. Baked for about 30 minutes, so good. We each only took a bite because we were too stuffed from the beans and rice. I am sure it will be even better for lunch tomorrow

So basically I was stir crazy and couldn't stop myself from making anything I had the ingredients for. Next time you see me I might be 10 lbs heavier....

8:20 on a Friday night and I am blogging.....

No comments:

Post a Comment