Friday, August 6, 2010

Quick, Yummy and Kinda Healthy

Quick, yummy and kinda healthy, that is the recipe for my recipes. I say kinda healthy because most of the time if you get too healthy the yummy part goes out the window! Quick is just essential for anything I do that doesn't involve my kiddos. Although Alea does like to help in the kitchen with her helping if it isn't quick without her than it will take forever with her, if you know what I mean. So here is a recipe I found in a magazine and changed it up a little. Yummo!

I love muffins because they are so quick and easy snack or part of a meal with kids.

Peanut Butter, Banana Muffins

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 ripe mashed banana
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
optional: ( I made mine without any of these)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup brown sugar

In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. In a small bowl combine the eggs, milk, bananas, peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla. Stir the the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in any optional ingredients you like. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Fill greased or lined muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until toothpick is clean when inserted.

Enjoy! Without the optional ingredients they only have about 50 calories per muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment