Monday, August 30, 2010

Paint, Paint and Decorate!

If you haven't gotten fabric paint yet, go get some! There are so many cute projects to do. Pick up a couple of plain shirts (any color will do), it is your turn to make shirts! I was looking through this Disney Fun magazine and this adorable little owl was on the front, so with owls being a "hot" style for kids these days, I just had to make the girls shirts this weekend. While I was busy doing my project, I let Alea make a shirt for her Daddy (which he loved of course)! Here are a few pics.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Since I didn't do the eyes great I just used silver glitter paint instead of leaving the area blank. Here is a direct link to the templates. I printed the templates out on card stock and then used an exacto to cut the owl out. You can leave lines to contect the eyes so you will have a stencil and then go back after you remove the stencil and touch up the areas. I used a paint brush, to give the shirts a nice smooth finish. They almost look like silkscreen! For the baby's shirt I just reduced the template before I printed it. Remember to put a piece of paper in the middle of the shirt so the paint won't bleed to the back. Let me know what you think and Have fun painting!

Bebe Dulce

No comments:

Post a Comment