Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day Fun

Okay, so LOVE Day is less than a week away and I am finally getting motivated to do a little decorating, crafts and baking. Here are some really cute projects that I am looking forward to.

Remember Mad Libs when you were a kid, check out this cute little printable from In Between Laundry. A little adult version of Mad Libs. I think I am going to print out several and maybe do a countdown to LOVE Day for the hubs.  I just might print him out a couple too, so the love is full circle :)

I also loved this project from Martha Stewart and set out to do it last week when I was gathering the supplies and realized....ummm....we don't have a single crayon in this house. Remember this post. Well I really wanted to do this project because #1 it is easy #2 it is fast #3 it will be pretty hanging in our window. So I broke down and bought a small pack of crayons, not to keep, just to use this once.



Next I am going to make a couple simple heart pouches to hang on the back of our chairs to put little goodies in. I don't have a link, just something I thought of. I am going to cut out 2 felt hearts per pouch and then just sew up the sides, attach a ribbon and hang. Then throughout the day add little goodies. I will post pics once I make them.

I have many things that I want to bake. 1. basic heart sugar cookies and decorate with powdered sugar icing, sprinkles and anything else we can find to go on top. 2. chocolate covered strawberries, yummm Maybe with a bottle of champagne for me and the hubs :) 3. Valentine's Day Pops, really? Where have you been all my life? I love caramel and chocolate!

I also want to make these Berry Gummy Hearts. I found the recipe in Parents Magazine but didn't find it online so here it is. Puree a 12 oz bag of frozen, thawed berries. I am going to use strawberries. Strain to remove seeds. Pour 1 cup apple juice into microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with 5 packs of unflavored gelatin. Stir lightly to moisten and let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup light corn syrup. Microwave, stirring often until the sugar and gelatin are melted about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix in the fruit and 2 tbs lemon juice. Pour in an 8" x 8" pan. Skim with paper towel to remove foam. Chill at least 3 hours until set. Dip bottom of pan in warm water and flip onto a cutting board. Use cookie cutter to make your favorite shape, hearts of course! Keep refrigerated until serving.

So that is what I have on my list. Maybe I will throw in a few more things if I can find the time and energy!

What are you making for LOVE Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment