Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipes! Yumm-O

Yum! Tried and true recipes!

Lasagna Florentine with Turkey Sausage

You know I only make lasagna every couple of months. It just takes too long to prepare. This was until I discovered no-bake lasagna noodles. I have always known they made them but had never used them. I guess I just thought they wouldn't taste as good. Well they taste just as good and they make lasagna so easy to prepare! This is my favorite lasagna!

1 package turkey Italian sausage (I use Jeanie-O, they come in links and I promise you it doesn't taste like turkey)
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 15 oz low-fat ricotta cheese
3 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1/4 to 1/2 onion (I like yellow)
2 tbsp olive oil

Chop garlic and onion. I use a large pot and saute with olive oil until opaque. Cut casing off of sausage and put in pot and crumble it as it cooks. Once sausage is cooked add spaghetti sauce. Mix 2 cups of mozz cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach and egg. get large pan and layer starting with sauce, then noodles and cheese, repeat layers ending with sauce. Top with remaining cheese. Grab a piece of aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (So the cheese won't stick). Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 min. This is so yummy and good! The no-bake noodles make it sooo easy!

After many summers trying to make melt-in-your mouth ribs, I have finally perfected my recipe. Since they are so freaking good, I want to share the love. Try these bad boys!

Melt-in-Your Mouth Ribs

2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 onion powder
1/2 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Mix all spices in bowl and rug on top and bottom of ribs. Put grill on low setting. Grill ribs about 10 min each side. BE CAREFUL, brown sugar burns easily, keep a close eye and make sure not to burn! Take a cookie sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Then lay another large piece of foil and wrap ribs tightly. Oven to 350 and cook for 2 hours. Pull ribs out and bast with sauce both sides and flip ribs upside down. Cook for 20 minutes. Pull ribs out, pull on one rib in a thick area. Rib should easily fall off if done. If they aren't quite done, cook additional 20 min. Repeat process until the ribs fall apart when you try to flip them over. Top with any remaining BBQ sauce. Seriously these are amazing. I used to get ribs when we went out to eat, never again, these are better than any restaurant! Thanks Mom for the cooking help!

No comments:

Post a Comment